Friday 17 December 2010

Oh FFS!

I know it looks as though an iceberg's been dumped on our heads but it turns out it's just a bit of snow.

Yes that's right it has started to snow again in the UK. A northern wind blew it in so it's started in Scotland last night and rapidly made it's way down the country in the last 24 hours. In London it started at around 13:00 today (17/12) and currently has left a 1.5cm blanket. The last time this much snow fell in London it took a full 36 hours before I was stuck in a seemingly endless supermarket queue behind a man panic buying 36 litres of milk. If this happens again I will kill! However as it turns out that you can smoke cannabis without being stoned all damn day I suppose I should tell you about my last shopping trip.

On Tuesday (14/12) my headphones broke so I had to go into town to buy a replacement. While I was there I also brought a couple of long sleeved T-shirts because, well have we mentioned the snow?! I also splashed out on a cheap wi-fi tablet. Although this has set hearts a flutter it's sadly a legitimate expense because there have been so many times when my life would have been so much easier if I was able to download documents and then read them off-line. So basically I've brought a glorified e-reader. The problem is I too scared to connect it to my home internet because once I do I give it about a week before it becomes a very expensive inanimate object. In fact I'd probably give it less then that because with low sales volume and computerised inventory the Brits have probably already got the device id.

Also on Thursday (16/12) I had to go to an early routine doctors appointment. I think that's my life up to date so I hope you had as much fun reading it as I did writing it.

No comments: