Tuesday 24 December 2013

Bah Hum-Zzzzzzz!

Sub-titled "Oh f*ck it's Christmas Eve!"

Having retired in the past year my mothers decided they wanted to spend Christmas at their very nice Salisbury along with their new puppy. The problem is that I've been really busy this year and that's culminated in the type of deeply ingrained exhaustion that takes weeks to shift. You may have noticed that there has been a slight drop-off in my workload.

As I result I simply didn't have the energy to go Christmas shopping and co-ordinate getting my complex family down to the Salisbury and back again before writing an incident report on the whole thing. So instead I'll be staying in Croydon with my father where we'll be doing an extremely low key Christmas which essentially means just means having a roast lunch.

Anyway since I decided all that the UK has been hit by severe storms that have more or less crippled the transport infrastructure. We are currently at the point of waiting to see whether my brother will be able to make it down to Salisbury or will give up and join my father and I.

So in summary I'm feeling rather vindicated.

16:45 on 24/12/13.

No comments: