Monday 4 January 2010

Today We Learnt Something.

That the Queens Road Memory Service team are indeed located on the Queens Road of shooting fame. There was some confusion because the Queens Road hospital has recently been torn down and rebuilt as one of Croydon councils many housing developments. While this was going on the Queens road obviously were actually physically located on the Queens road site but they've moved back now.

We know this because one of the Queens road team came to visit my grandmother today. Well she managed to walk half way before getting lost so my dad had to go and pick her up. As they were driving back they encountered my grandmother heading up the road in the opposite direction which sort of emphasised the need for the visit. Although I deliberately stayed out of the visit it appears that the Zebra hunt is still in full effect and rather then offering any effective treatment they intend to use my grandmother as a test subject for the independent living or "care in the community" services that the council have to offer.

As I'm always open to allowing the Brits back onto a better path if they so wish I got round to opening that letter from the Office of Public Guardians and sadly it was not good news. Mind you it wasn't bad news either and to be honest could barely described as news. It was simply an acknowledgment that I'd contacted them and a request for basic information such as address and date of birth in order to match the complaint to a case file. I'll get around to soon that but there's no great rush because I've still not heard from the Independent Police Complaints Commission (the other IPCC) about how their investigation is progressing.

No comments: