Tuesday 5 January 2010

Someone's Feeling the Cold

Today, right on schedule, I went with my father to do the big food shop at the supermarket. The Croydon network were out in force clogging up the aisles and having loud but strange conversations like "Nanny would be ashamed if he heard you saying things like that!" This is a classic example of a group shaming. The idea being that after being exposed to all these little comments in a stressful I would become ashamed of what I have done and not do it again. The problem is that all I actually saw was members of the Croydon network aimlessly wandering around a supermarket looking lost, confused and a little bit scared. That's hardly the sort of thing that's going to intimidate me or put me to shame. I do however feel a little bit sorry for them so allow me to throw them a bone;

Oh My God! Britain is running out of Gas and Society is about to collapse!!!

That's not actually true but it is the story that the Brits are desperately pushing. Those in know have already been briefed that it's a lie so when they hear about it in the news and me react to the panic they'll get a little ego boost from feeling like they're privileged members of an all powerful secret society. If time permits I try and discuss the international reason why the Brits are telling this lie tomorrow because it is actually quite an interesting talking point about climate change, Kyoto and Copenhagen.

Today I also received this letter from the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC);
Photobucket

It's pretty standard stuff simply acknowledging the complaint and explaining that as per the procedure it is now up to the police to investigate the complaint and if they fail to do so then the IPCC can step in. The fourth paragraph where it says;

"Please note if you are dissatisfied with a criminal investigation that the police are currently carrying out of have finished carrying out then the IPCC can consider a compliant"

is a little bit interesting though because I was under the impression that the complaint I made was to register my dissatisfaction with the handling of a criminal investigation. I wouldn't get too excited about the part where they say they can't re-open the criminal investigation because they don't need to. They merely need to open a new criminal investigation as to whether the original police officer committed the offence of attempting to pervert the course of justice. This is firmly within the IPCC's remit and something they actually did in December 2009 in the Stephen Lawrence murder case.

And just in case you had doubts over how contentious this was, yes the font on my blog has screwed up.

No comments: