Wednesday 29 October 2008

See choking to death IS official British Policy.

http://news.aol.co.uk/woman-loses-assisted-suicide-fight/article/20081028230325168503376

On a completely unrelated note last night I experienced yet another amazing coincidence as I went out to get something to eat. As I was standing there in the shop who happened to walk in but a guy I used to go to college with. It turns out that although he no longer lives in the area he's just been given a job with the local Croydon Council and wants to be my bestest, bestest friend.

In light of that event I should clarify something I said yesterday. When I said I wish they'd come down and talk I meant they should send somebody who has the power if not the authority to resolve the problems they themselves have created. For the time being this limits them too;

  1. The doctor from the medical assessment centre who is going to certify my income support claim. The department of work and pensions may still feel that it is going to take them three to six months to complete that process but quite frankly it's only their own time they're wasting.
  2. The firm of solicitors who have been charged with making sure my credit history is given a clean bill of health in spite of any misguided action any previous landlords may have undertaken.
  3. The manager of Enterprise House who will be welcoming me back with open arms and be apologising for his previous errors of judgement.

Oh and there's something of a war going on in the Democratic Republic of Congo. I wonder if I'll be able to take an interest in it without the British Government taking it as an endorsement of it or it's policies. On a more local note the series of Spooks they filmed over the summer has finally limped onto our screens and it is already lying to you by claiming that it's really difficult to track someones movements on the London Underground network. I think this means that one of the main themes of the series will be an attempt to convince us all that the De Menezes shooting was not in any way shape or form a failure of the UK security services. On the plus side though Jo didn't die after all which means I've just won a bet.

No comments: