Friday 31 October 2008

I've decided that I've been posting too much this week

and if the recent pissing of pants and stamping of feet is anything to go by I've also used Internet search engines one to many times. Who would've thought merely reading the Nuremberg Code would have offended so many people?! So I will be leaving the blogging alone for a few days at least but before I do I can't help but thinking back to that random meeting I had on Tuesday.

You see it was back in October last year that Croydon Council had the bright idea of giving a job to someone who had a little or no qualification to actually do that job. In fact the only qualification they seemed to have was that they were a lesbian and that they had lived in Brighton. Neither of these things are particularly relevant to the provision of mental health care but are the sort of things you might think would have me finding common ground with that person. As it happens that didn't quite work out as planned and the whole incident could be considered could actually be described as counter-productive.

Now in October of this year Croydon Council appear to have had the same bright idea of awarding a vaguely defined job to someone with vaguely defined qualifications with whom you would think I shared some common ground. This visceral experience of deja-vu can only lead me to conclude two things;

  • Croydon Council clearly has problems learning from it's mistakes through higher functioning processes. This would suggest a need to take a more Pavlovian approach to matters.
  • Croydon Council clearly has money to waste.

Before I go I should take the time to reassure the state that I am fully aware of how highly unlikely it will be that the state will convict itself for crimes against humanity. After all with such clear sentencing guidelines nobody has ever pleaded guilty to that offence and every rapist, murderer and paedophile has that little facet of their consciousness that convinces them that they alone are justified in what they are doing and are committing no crime. It is that small delusion that allows them to commit the most unspeakable acts.

No comments: