Thursday 26 March 2020

So Who's Getting Nervous?

*Coughs*

Yep.

Last Sunday (15/3/20) I sat down to write my assessment of COVID-19. The virus (2019nCov), the way the body responds to it and the illness it can cause (SARS-CoV-2).

This significantly cut into my drinking time.

So on Monday (16/3/20) I was surprised to discover I had a significantly worse hangover than usual. I also wanted to know why it had suddenly become so warm. Although there had been a 100% (5C-10C) increase in ambient temperature.

This obviously didn't stop me finishing my assessment of COVID-19. Which can be read here; https://watchitdie.blogspot.com/2020/03/far-eastern-acute-respritory-syndrome.html

On Tuesday (17/3/20) I went to the supermarket. Where the situation can be described as; "Gone a bit Lagos."

So obviously I was tired when I came back. In fact I needed to stay up drinking to around 3AM. To recover psychologically.

I woke up late on Wednesday (18/3/20). Then rapidly took the decision to go back to bed. This is a routine I got into during the war. Day off Saturday, half-days on Sunday and Wednesday.

On Thursday (19/3/20) I decided this wasn't normal. It was a pretty aggressive immuno-response.

So the groggy, almost drunken feeling in your head. Which made it really difficult to absorb, let alone process complex information.

Along with significant fatigue. Not the; "I've overdone it at the gym" fatigue. The fatigue where you can almost feel all the energy being stripped out of your body at a cellular level.

What was striking about it was how unlike anything else I'd experienced before.

It was certainly much more severe that a Common Cold. In it's nature I would say that it was closer to Influenza. However noticably much less severe than the Flu.

How can I put this delicately?

When people have the Common Cold they often claim they have the Flu. This causes them to forget that the Flu is actually a real ass-kicker of an illness. Whatever this was it was more of a kick in the balls.

At no point have I developed a cough. Persistant or otherwise. However I have been experiencing a tightness in the lungs. Which makes it clear that this immuno-response is to something respiratory in nature.

I live with my father. Who fits into the 70-79 age group.

He also checks most of the "High Risk" boxes for COVID-19. In the sense he's never been formally diagnosed with either Cardiovascular or Chronic Respritory Disease. He has though smoked tobacco for about 60 years.

He is also expericencing an aggressive immuno-response and a persistant cough. However he is harder to assess.

The flippant comment would be that he's had a persistant cough since about 1997.

Back in January I developed what I termed; "The Winter Grot." A general bacterial infection which fell far below the Common Cold.

I shook it in something like two days. He though contracted it and was more ill with it for longer. He described is as a; "Fluey Cold." Although his main health condition is hypochondria. After that he picked up another infection. As far as I can tell there hasn't been a break between that and this.

Fortunately his current symptoms are not currently significant enough for it to occur to him that he might have COVID-19. A realisation that will induce in me a condition similar to a severe ear infection.

He's certainly not as ill as he was when he had Flu in January 2019. Compared to the Bronchitis scare on 2017/18 this barely registers.

This of course all higlights the massive failure in the British Government's COVID-19 testing policy. Neither of us are eligible for tests.

I suspect that over the last couple of days the British Government has recieved requests to confirm or deny whether my father and I actually have COVID-19. They're certainly going to be getting them now.

Through nothing more than its own stupidity the British Government is no more able to answer that question than the people asking. In fact, due to it's rampant Oppositional Defiant Disorder the British Government is probably less able than the people asking.

Also if we do have COVID-19 neither of our extremely mild illnesses will be included in the official data. Given my father's age and risk factors his case is very much clinically relevant.

Excluding cases such as these will cause the official data to massively overestimate the severity of COVID-19.

This is just astonishingly bad science. The British Government seems to be actively trying to exclude all evidence which disproves its rather madcap theory.

For example I can quite easily produce a statistical study which proves COVID-19 kills 100% of the people it infects. I simply need to exclude all cases except for the inital 44.

Obviously I also have no way of knowing whether I have COVID-19 or not.

However I hope that I do. It means I am now immune to it and this coming year to 18 months of anxiety is just something for you Muggles now.

Plus it's a pretty good excuse for not doing more to help. Field testing the bugger.

Mainly though;

If this is COVID-19 then I have genuinely had worse hangovers.

Since announcing this on March 22nd (22/3/20) I've been going through the motions of obeying the remaining six days of quarantine.

Not because I consider the British Government's advice to be even remotely credible. I suspect though that a lot of people around me do believe it.

I just know from experience.

When the British Government's delusions collide with reality.

I tend to bear the brunt of that conflict.

11:55 on 26/3/20 (UK date).




No comments: